Horn [+] Co.’s combined team experience has involved the conduct of cases at all court levels. These include complex landmark reported cases in the High Court, Court of Appeal, House of Lords and the European Court of Justice, originating from a wide range of business activities, including Energy, Construction, Commodities, Banking and Shipping. Of note was the Atlantic Emperor litigation which involved complex issues of conflict of laws ultimately resolved by the European Court of Justice.
Our lawyers represented an East European Government in connection with their recovery of debts amounting to USD 150 million and Swiss banking interests in connection with substantial worldwide asset recovery. Our lawyers acted on behalf of a medical equipment company in connection with disputes arising out of the intended sale of part of their business and an American corporation in connection with their defence of asbestos related claims arising out of their acquisition of a group of companies.
We have handled partnership and shareholders disputes having acted for Fruitshippers, in the billion dollar Noboa family dispute concerning ownership and control of the company, reported as De Molestina v Ponton.
Horn [+] Co. can assist in:
- All forms of business, company, commercial, contract disputes, whether domestic or international in nature
- Cross border asset recovery
- Directors liabilities and claims under D& O policies
- Insolvency proceedings and directors duties
- Disputes under Shareholders Agreements and Joint Venture Agreements
- Freezing and preservation orders
- Derivative disputes including Forward Freight Agreements
Horn [+] Co. has experience in advising and handling of disputes relating to shipping related futures instruments, often contracted under Forward Freight Agreements (FFA’s), which are normally OTC (‘Over the Counter’) derivative contracts based on FFABA/ ISDA (International Swaps & Derivative Association Inc.) Master Agreements.